February 23, 2012

Firefighter Party - Craft Activity!

Originally spotted HERE I absolutely love this super easy and cheap craft for Harris' Firefighter Party coming up. The kids that will be coming range in ages from 3 to 7 so a craft that they can all be involved in and have fun with is tricky to find but I think these paper plate helmets are perfect.
My kids and I gave them a test run today and literally put these together in about 8-10 mins so I thought I would share a quick 'How To'...


You will need:
Red, yellow or black crayons, pencils or textas
White paper plates (I happen to have oval shaped ones in my cupboard so that's what we'll use)
Scissors
Glue
Gold paper
Black Sharpie


With you crayon colour of choice colour the entire back/bottom of the plate.


Next, cut a badge shape from the gold paper and write the child's name on it.


Take your scissors and cut around 3/4 of the inside of the plate then bend it up to create the front and top of the helmet.


Stick your name badge on the front.


Pop it on and parade around in style in your new Firefighter helmet!!


Cute hey??
Giggles

No comments: