September 15, 2010

Kids rooms finished!

I have found a quiet moment to finally show you what I have done in the Jr Giggleberry's bedrooms.
Remember HERE I showed you this sneak peak at my ideas?


They have now all come together - Yay!

Milla's room is lime green and purple. I went with these colours as she had a lime green IKEA hippo pattern blanket in her cot as a baby and LOVES it so much she still sleeps with it every night so it lives on the end of her bed on top of her purple doona that she picked out when she went into a 'big girl bed'.



I took this colour scheme into the HUGE tree decal that is the feature of her room by asking for most of the leaves to be lime green and all the acorns and animals to be purple. I have added to this wall a few little birdhouses I couldn't resist from Sweet Little Birdie


I am loving that her room is big enough to have her play kitchen in it without taking over the whole room.


I still adore Milla's custom sewn artworks by Moonmum. A new addition to her room is the fun painted wooden letters from Stix & Stones and my girl wouldn't be satisfied if there wasn't her dress up basket and hobby horse close by too!



and of course no Jr Giggleberry's room would be complete without some bunting!

Onto Capt'n Harrison's room....



This room is 90% done... We still haven't bought a 'big bed' as Harris is still too little to climb up to a big bed but was becoming too much of a monkey to stay in a cot! And because we haven't chosen a bed yet we aren't sure how much space we'll need for it so the plan to mount a real boat steering wheel on his wall that will spin, so Harris can play pirates, is being put off until then.



I have been one lucky girl and won a few giveaways in the past 12 months that has helped me gather the piratey bits for this room. I won the Pirate's Life quote from Quote The Walls and the Harrison's World map in the frame I won from Vidastyle



A bit of bunting above his window and mirrored cupboard is a fun splash of colour!
I'd love to find a beaten up old trunk for his room to be a 'treasure chest' where I could keep all his toys..... hmmmm the hunt is on!
Giggle

6 comments:

Tamara | One Craftee Mumma said...

WOW! The rooms look fabulous! I especially love the birdhouses on Milla's wall! Great Job!

jess (oscarlovesruby) said...

Well done!
Love seeing inspiration boards come to life!

Kelly said...

Mind blowing, they are beautiful. I love all the colours you have choosen.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

They turned out fantastic!! You have been one busy girl!

Jen said...

Oh Amy, they look wonderful! There is nothing quite like doing up your own place!!! I bet the kids are just sooo happy with them!! And I have to say, the dress ups basket brings back so many memories, my girls wouldn't have coped without theirs It was exactly the same basket but in blue!!)
Jen xo

Unknown said...

It looks fantastic Amy! I'm sure the little ones will have lots of memories to carry with them from here. Take care.
From Bali With Love,
Anna
http://annaelizabethpoole.blogspot.com/